Name:
Password:
Free guest access

Send a comment to editor

Estonia: Ingvar Parnamae becomes new CEO of Milrem LCM
Your name:
E-mail:
Comment:
Security Code:
To refresh the security code, click on it
Enter the code here:

    Estonia: Ingvar Parnamae becomes new CEO of Milrem LCM

    TALLINN, May 15, BNS – Ingvar Parnamae, who has so far held the position of head of the Estonian Defense Industry Association, will assume the position of the CEO of Estonian-Finnish defense industry company Milrem LCM starting from July 1.

    Parnamae will start in the position on July 1. He has extensive experience and noteworthy achievements in the field of national defense. From October 2016, Parnamae has worked as the chairman of the board of the Estonian Defense Industry Association, as well as head of the Estonian Defense and Security Industry Innovation Cluster, Milrem said.

    "Ingvar Parnamae has a strong wealth of experience and concrete achievements in developing working processes and organization. We are certain that he will be able to bring Milrem LCM to a new level and expand activity in the field of repair and maintenance in accordance with our strategy," Jukka Holkeri, head of international support partnerships at Patria Group, said.

    "Patria Group and Milrem LCM are internationally high reputation and customer centric companies. They have an ambitious long-term strategy and customers with high demands and standards. This creates a good basis for further development. I look forward to the new challenge," Parnamae said.

    From 2002 to 2016, Parnamae worked at the Ministry of Defense. He held the position of deputy secretary general for defense investments from 2011 to 2016, being responsible for public procurements in the defense field, infrastructure, defense industry and research and development activities. At the same time, he also fulfillfed the tasks of Estonian Defense Ministry's armaments director and represented Estonia in the corresponding working groups of NATO and the European Union.

    Before 2011, Parnamae was the authorized representative of state security, head of the procurement department and head of the Baltic cooperation section. He worked as Estonia's defense adviser in Kabul from 2008 to 2009 and also advised the Ministry of Defense of Afghanistan.

    He has previously also been active in politics and was elected to the 1999-2002 parliament.

    Parnamae received a master's degree in national resource strategy from the National Defense University in Washington, D.C. He graduated from the University of Tartu in 2002 with a degree in human geography.

    Milrem LCM is a subsidiary of the Finnish defense industry company Patria. Patria owns 60 percent of Milrem LCM, while the remaining 40 percent is owned by Estonian company Mootor Grupp. Milrem LCM offers services in the field of defense and security industry, offering life cycle support services to armored personnel carriers, heavy goods vehicles, weapons systems and other defense equipment. The company also offers repair and maintenance services to the XA-180 and XA-188 armored personnel carriers of the Estonian defense forces and other machines in Tallinn and Voru.

    Tallinn newsroom, +372 610 8821, majandus@bns.ee

    Baltic News Service

    • Published: 15.05.2018 15:49
    • LETA, BNS
    •  
    • © The given news may not be republished in any way or amount, or otherwise used by the mass media or Internet websites, without written permission of LETA. If this provision is not observed, the matter will be taken to court pursuant to the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.