EPA 2012-05-30 17:56:54 Chinese workers repair a Catholic church in downtown Qingdao city
A Chinese worker on the falseworks to repair a Catholic church in downtown Qingdao city, eastern China's Shandong province, 30 May 2012. This Catholic church was formerly known as St. Michael's Cathedral was designed by a German architect Arthur Bialucha according to Gothic and Romanesque style that lasted for two years from 1932 to 1934. The church grounds occupy an area of 11,480 square meters, of which about 6,300 square meters are building area. It was closed in the late 1960s and then reopened in 1982. Now the church holds weekend services and festive celebrations of Christian holidays such as Easter and Christmas. EPA/WU HONG
© Copying and using the photographs in any manner and in any amount without a written permit from agency LETA is prohibited. Unauthorized use of images may violate copyright laws. LETA, its photographers or photo partners hold all the rights to the photographs published here. Information contained at http://www.leta.lv is protected in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia, including the copyright laws.